Friday, April 20, 2012

Homemade Disinfecting Wipes

A while back I bought some paper towel-like wipes that were washable at Bed Bath and Beyond. (Unfortunately I no longer have the package and I can't find them on their website to show you.)  I bought them thinking I would use them in place of paper towels. I ended up just using my regular kitchen cloths more. I rarely use paper towel anymore. I only use it for really dirty gross things.


Anyways I came across homemade disinfecting wipes and immediately thought of the paper towel wipes I had bought. So I bought the only Castille soap that Trader Joes had not realizing that it was peppermint scented. I made the wipes but I'm not crazy about the scent. I do like them though. It might just be me but after using them my hands feel softer.


I used a baby wipe container to hold the wipes and wrote all over it so I knew (and my husband if he ever used them) to remind myself they are reusable and to not throw away. I have an old container sitting on my counter that I throw the used ones in and any other dirty cloths in.


I will be getting some other scented castille soap for the next time i make it Maybe I will get the unscented version and use some of my citrus infused vinegar! I was at Whole Foods this week because I wanted to see the selection of castille soap they had. They only had a huge container of eucalyptus (I think). Amazingly Kroger had the best selection of castille soap in their natural foods section.


I do have some of the store bought wipes around so I'll be using those up along with my homemade version.



DIFFICULTY: Easy peasy!
WORTH THE TIME: Yes.
COST SAVINGS: I don't know but I'm sure it is way cheaper than buying store bought.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Yep.  No chemicals used and I'm reusing a container I already had on hand.
RECOMMEND IT: YES, Just Try It Already!
TRY IT AGAIN: Yes, but next time I will a different scented Castille soap and use some of my citrus infused vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment