Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garlic Toast

I came across these french bread rolls quite a while ago and have made them several times.  They are very good!  This last time I went to make them I decided I'd try to make it into a loaf because I didn't want to roll them out into several balls.  Anyways after I shaped it into loaves (I froze one for later) and let it rise for the second time it looked like this, a flat wide blob of dough.  Not really what I was going for.  I have determined I need a baguette pan.


It tasted fine but it didn't have the same fluffy texture when made into rolls.  So I decided to turn it into garlic toast.  I LOVE garlic toast.  I've found this garlic bread seasoning and have been putting it on my pasta and pizza, yummy!  I did as the recipe suggested mixing some of the seasoning with softened butter.  I stuck most of them in the freezer for later and then put the rest in a 400 degree oven for several minutes then turned it on broil.  They turned out fantastic!  They had a crisp Parmesan cheese thing going on. I don't have very many left as I have been eating them with the leftover spaghetti.  Good thing I have another loaf in the freezer!







No comments:

Post a Comment