Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Update

All the nice weather we've been having has really cramped my motivation to do much inside my house therefore I haven't tried much lately.  I thought I'd post an update on what's on my mental list.



  • After I tried tea tree oil for my sinuses I stated researching essential oils.  I decided I wanted to purchase some other oils mainly to use in my homemade cleaning products.  I found a beginner set of essential oils on Amazon that I want and was planning on using the Amazon gift cards I earned from Swagbucks but I needed one more to be able to get my essential oils for free.  Wouldn't you know the one I had been waiting on posted to my account overnight so today I buy!
  • This morning when I woke up I started the milk in my crockpot to make greek yogurt.  It sounds like an easy process just a long one.  I can't wait to try it when it's done.
  • I'm pretty much out of lotion.  I can't not put lotion on every day.  I feel gross without it.  I was going to try to make my own but then I came cross lotion bars.  I really like the idea of a bar.  So today I am going to look for the ingredients to make lotion bars.  Here are a couple I'm considering although I'm not crazy about the first one since it uses vegetable shortening.
  • Back in the day my parents stocked up on food.  They still have a ton of whole wheat grain in their basement sealed up in buckets.  They have a grain mill too and my mom used to make wheat pancakes and such with it.  I'm going to try it....someday.  They also have jars of was pure raw honey.  I was shocked to learn that honey does not go bad!  So I have a big jar of honey sitting on my counter that I need to de-crystallize.  I guess honey has all kinds of uses too.  So you may start seeing a lot of posts about it.
  • Lastly, I'm about to give on my homemade dishwasher detergent.  :(  It worked great the first time I used it so I'm not sure if I'm getting the cloudy film on my glasses because it clumped up or what.  I'm trying all the tricks I've been reading.  I'll keep trying until I'm out of what I've made up but so far, for me, I think it's a fail and I'm bummed.
So there you have it.  Tomorrow morning if all goes well I should be eating homemade greek yogurt!  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment