Friday, May 4, 2012

Homemade Disinfecting Wipes - UPDATE

I used up all of my disinfecting wipes last week and as I was looking up the recipe again I saw this recipe.  I looked at the article she referenced about mixing vinegar and castille soap.  I did notice when I mixed up my first batch that it got clumpy and now I know why.  So my new batch of homemade disinfecting wipes includes water, rubbing alcohol, and a bit of dish soap.  I did not have ammonia or Dawn so I just used the soap I had.  I do like them however, I don't like the suds it produces. I am not sure if that is the result of not using Dawn or not.


As I was looking at glass cleaner recipes I noticed it had basically the same ingredients as these wipes just not the soap.  So my next batch I plan on leaving out the soap, adding the ammonia and using them as all-purpose wipes for counters AND glass.


I have definitely enjoyed having these wipes on hand! It's definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment