Friday, May 4, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

I caved and made my first batch of dishwasher detergent today. Even though I still have store bought left I couldn't contain my curiosity and used it in the load I just started. I can't wait for the results!!


When researching recipes for this I saw several comments about how it can get clumpy.  It was suggested to either use those little silicone gel packs that usually come with a new pair of shoes or rice wrapped in cheesecloth.  Since I tend to throw out those gel packs I opted for the rice.  And the scoop, it's from a can of baby formula.  I knew I saved some for a reason!



RESULTS:
DISHES ARE CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!
I'm hoping I get the same results consistently.

1 cup Borax
1 cup Super Washing Soda
1/2 cup Kosher salt
1/2 cup Lemi Shine

Mix it all up.  I did one formula scoop worth.  Not sure how much that actually is, probably around a tablespoon or two.  Also added vinegar to the rinse aid compartment.

Super easy.  Super cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment